MEET DR. RYAN BALL
Doctor of Chiropratictic (DC)
American Board of Anti-Aging Health Practitioners (ABAAHP)
Fellowship in Anti-Aging & Metabolic Functional Medicine (FAAMFM)
Dr. Ryan Ball provides holistic, natural healthcare to the people of the Midwest United States and beyond.
Ever since conquering an autoimmune disease that caused him to go blind in his right eye (Uveitis), Dr. Ball has pursued a career in finding the CAUSE(s) of chronic conditions in sick people. Dr. Ball advocates the use of lifestyle, diet, nutraceuticals, stress management, hormone assessment, analysis of chronic infections (Lyme, mold, parasites), detoxification, and sleep hygiene to achieve rehabilitation of the different systems of the body. He calls this approach ‘targeted neurochemistry’ and ‘clinical nutrition’. All of these different parts of health affect how the brain and body function. If you are sick in one area of the body then you are sick everywhere. The goal is to identify where the cause is, to get rid of the cause, and then allow the body to heal, thrive, and prosper. Once the systems are rehabilitated, the patient should be able to live their life without the problem coming back and without having to come back to the clinic to maintain the results. In other words, the body should be able to maintain its own results without continuing the therapy.
Dr. Ball is a published research author and his work includes a paper on Anosmia (inability to smell) in a patient who also had headaches and vertigo.
Dr. Ball is a nutritional lecturer on the topics of Leaky Gut (Post-Prandial Metabolic Endotoxemia), Vitamin K2 (Not K1), SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth, and the use of Probiotics.
Dr. Ball has invented several methods. One testing protocol can identify the individual needs of a patient with low testosterone so that they can recover their levels without replacement therapy through nutrition and lifestyle. Another protocol that is aimed at nutritional optimization actually has gotten over 20 patients with Lyme Disease to a level of low or no symptoms. Even though the protocol is aimed at making the body stronger and not at treating the Lyme disease.
Education and Training
- Michigan State University, Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology (BS) – Learned basic sciences as well as how to evaluate athletes utilizing different methods of examination.
- Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) – A 4-year program of education that included 3 separate clinical residencies culminating in 5 sets of National Boards to become licensed. The program taught, amongst other things, Orthopedic diagnosis and examination, Visceral diagnosis and examination, Neurological diagnosis and examination, Exercise Rehabilitation, Chiropractic adjustment methods, and laid the groundwork for Dr. Ball’s education in nutrition.
- Diplomate to the board of Anti-Aging Medicine as a health practitioner (ABAAHP) – These credentials involve a board certification process and focus on how to prevent, dampen, or attenuate the effects of aging and age-related diseases.
- Advanced Fellow in Metabolic, Nutritional, and Functional Medicine (FAAMFM) – This rigorous and comprehensive program, credentialed through George Washington University’s medical school, taught on functional, integrative, and adjunct therapies for hormones, stress regulation and adrenals, thyroid, blood glucose control, heavy metal toxicity, chemical intolerance, autoimmune disease, neurodegenerative disease, personality/psychiatric disorders, leaky gut, yeast overgrowth, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), and heart disease, including blood pressure, congestive heart failure, cholesterol, and risk assessment.
- 200 hours of Neurochemistry and Nutrition through the Carrick Institute of Post Graduate Studies – Included topics such as Neuron Physiology, Metabolic priorities for the nervous system, Systems Neurochemistry, Neuroimmunology, Neuroinflammation, Neurodegeneration, the Thyroid/Brain Axis, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Completion of Datis Kharrazian’s (Harvard Research Fellow) comprehensive course on Functional Endocrinology through Apex Seminars – This course covered male hormones, female hormones, adrenal function, and blood glucose regulation by the body.
- Coach and Pro Certification in Original Strength. A system of movement aimed at moving the body so that it grows and strengthens in the nervous system.